Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Poised to jump

We are waiting for a weather window from North Palm Beach to make the jump to West End, Grand Bahama Island. While we are here, we will be upgrading some electronics and have rented a car so that we can get around.

We have also had our first Manatee spotting. As we went under PGA bridge, we had two manatee surface in front of us. With no time to dodge, I had to cut the engines and coast right over them! The water and weather here is beautiful! Clear and blue! We expect a front to come through tonight, so we will see a little rain and heavy winds.

Caroline has made friends with other children here at the dock. They play together and swim in the hot tub every chance they get! Two have lived on a boat their whole lives and the other is from Denmark and doesn't speak much english. But, they get along great and are going to have a sleepover tonight!

I can't say enough about this area. The water is so clear, you can see all the way to the bottom at 20 feet!

We are having a great time but always miss loved ones back home. Wish you were here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,

Sounds like you are having fun! I know the weather is pretty nasty this week. My husband, Rich, was to help a friend take his boat to West Palm, but they canceled the trip. Be careful going over! The couple that I want you to hook up with has not left Charleston yet but hopefully I can get you all together when they get to the islands. Also, be sure to let me know when/if you are going to Marsh Harbor or Hope Town. One of my best friends from college is there and she will give you a great tour. I can't remember if you said you would be home for Christmas. If you are, I look forward to seeing you and getting an update!

Take Care,
McKenzie H. Estes

Anonymous said...

Sounds really nice!