Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The middle of Mecca

Here we are in the middle of the sailing mecca of the east coast.  Yes, I know, there are squids (AKA Midshipmen - yack!) all around but I just popped a few Benadryl and I'm fine.  We are moored right in the middle of the harbor at:
 
38°58.517'N  076°29.026'W
 
Check it out on Google earth and you will see we are in the middle of everything!  Too bad we are only staying here overnight.  We are heading to St. Michael's tomorrow for yet another festival.  After that, we head south until it gets warm!  Sunny skies and warm blue water, here we come!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey you guys!

What a wonderful adventure! Mom JUST shared it with me and we will all be tuning in! My husband, Ed, will be so very jealous of this great adventure-as we have a small sailboat that we have not sailed in 5 years! You're inspiring...stay safe, enjoy the beautiful scenery and have FUN!

Love-
Lisa Jernigan-Black

Unknown said...

Hi all!

What a wonderful adventure you are on! Must be very exciting. Will you be traveling further south after hurricane season? And what will be your destination? Your pictures are wonderful.

I am on team for November. I am one of the professors, doing the talk on Christian Study. Think of me Saturday morning around 9:20 :-)
Also doing the prayer banner, so far 202 names. Not bad and I have a few more weeks to go.

Know that you are in my prayers. Please stay safe out there.

Love,
Barbara Carter